LEDdynamics is seeking a SMT Operator/Assembler for its manufacturing facility in Randolph, VT. This position is directly responsible for the operation of circuit board prep and component placement equipment. The operator/assembler will set up, operate, change over, and hand assemble a variety of electrical components within our manufacturing operation. This position reports to the Production Manager. Expected working hours are from 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Set-up all equipment following standard operational procedures and ensure all communications and data systems are updated as required.
- Verify component p/n and count accuracy with reels to BOM on shop traveler
- Create, modify and document programs for various products for successful operation of equipment.
- Hand soldering of components as required as per IPC-A-610 specifications
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments to equipment as needed
- Visually inspect and test in accordance with QC requirements
- Maintains and manages point of use inventory
- Provides management with recommendations for operational improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Maintain safe and clean work area and equipment
- Notify manager of all non-conforming situations immediately
- Willing to cross train and work within the general assembly area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Willing to perform in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Strong computer skills (training machinery, setting proper parameters on machinery, ability to learn new operational platforms)
- Physically able to stand on feet for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Electronics manufacturing experience
- Experience working SMT equipment and circuit board assembly
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 workmanship/quality standards
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing