SMT OPERATOR / ASSEMBLER – reporting to the Production Manager, responsible for the safe operation of SMT equipment and quality of product assembled. Equipment consists of solder paste screening machine (manual and automatic), pick and place equipment and reflow oven.
SMT Operator’s Job Duties:
- Set-up all equipment following standard equipment procedures and internal operating policies.
- Load component reels onto feeding arms in accordance with shop traveler BOM.
- Verify component p/n and count accuracy with reels to BOM on shop traveler.
- Create, modify and document computer files for various products necessary for successful operation of equipment.
- Hand soldering components as required as per IPC-A-610 specifications.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments to equipment to maintain operating conditions.
- Record shift activities for production and equipment issues in shift log book.
- Visually inspect and conduct power tests in accordance with QC requirements including 1st article inspection process.
- Responsible for product quality.
- Record production information such as date, start/end time, materials consumed, etc. as required.
- Notify manager of all non-conforming situations immediately.
- Provide management with recommendations for operational improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Ability to meet production deadlines.
- Identifies and resolves issues by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending and implementing corrective action.
- Maintain safe and clean work area and equipment.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by shift supervisor.
- Contributes to the LEDdynamics’ team effort as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in light electronic manufacturing and SMT board assembly environments. LEDdynamics will provide in-house training on SMT equipment
- Ability to multiple operate computer controlled equipment concurrently.
- Mechanical aptitude using small hand tools to make machine adjustments.
- Computer skills and knowledge of IPC-A-610 workmanship/quality standards.
- Experience in reading and following bill of materials, specifications and work instructions to assemble products.
- Physically able to stand on feet for long periods of time and physically able to operate equipment requiring reaching and lifting.
- Ability to work with minimal directions.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal skills other members of LEDdynamics.
- Committed to working in a team to achieve excellence quality products in manufacturing.