Quality Control Engineer – reporting to the Director of Operations, responsible for the coordination of quality initiatives to produce emerging LED technology components and products.Initiate and oversee programs in manufacturing, supply chain, engineering and new products introduction to ensure product quality is achieved.
Quality Control Engineer’s Job Duties
- Champion product quality goals in manufacturing daily by leading and establishing initiatives
that will provide effective, repeatable results.
- Collect data and monitor quality yields and production issues effecting quality and cost.
Establish and maintain with manufacturing team an effective reporting process for loss and
- Create an operational excellence culture by training employees; promoting safety and
housekeeping: passionate in documenting processes and providing customers with quality
- Promote advance quality control programs (FMEA, DFM/DFA, 1ST article) in manufacturing
and engineering to enhance quality creating a customer-focused culture within
- Work with engineering to identify root cause, develop corrective action plans and
implementation to prevent reoccurrence of “off quality” events.
- Minimize quality risk by engaging engineering and sales team with new product reviews
assessing production capabilities with customer expectations. .
- Responsible for ensuring applicable documents and test procedures for assemblies are
available use on production floor.
- Develop and manage in-house assembly and test fixture programs including calibration
- Provide management with statistical data showing trends in production including corrective
action plans to improve quality and recommending strategic quality “points of control”.
- Chairperson for Material Review Board (MRB), contributor to field returns disposition
(RMAs) and approver of Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs) as Quality Representative.
- Assist procurement team by providing sufficient information and defective samples as
needed and working with supplies to address supplier quality concerns.
- Point person for 3rd party production quality documentation showing LEDdynamics’
compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide management with recommendations for operational improvements such capital
expenditures and cost reduction opportunities.
- Identifies and resolves issues by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions;
recommending and implementing corrective action.
- Contributes to the LEDdynamics’ team effort as needed.
- Demonstrated hands on leadership experience with facilitating teams for process improvement
activities and leading the development of SOPs and work instructions.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and presentation to all levels within LEDdynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and with suppliers to influence change.
- Committed to leading a team to achieve excellence in manufacturing in a small, growth oriented
Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience with light electronic manufacturing and SMT board assembly
- Understanding of product specifications and tolerances
- Familiar with IPC610 workmanship specifications
- Formal technical training (degree preferred) and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience/knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and concepts.
- 3+ years with responsibility in meeting quality goals within a discrete manufacturing environment, creating control plans: demonstrated experience to work with others to reach consensus.
- Computer skills and ability to maintain and analyze production data reporting using manufacturing
software products and Excel.