The Accounting Specialist reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. The position’s primary focus is Reception and Accounting support. The position serves as an integral part of the Accounting and Administration team.
- Serve as primary Reception for the Company relating to incoming business phone calls, and greeting visitors to the facility.
- Provide support to the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the accounting department.
- Provide support relating to customer payment applications, and the accurate recording of revenue and receivables. Monitor bank account deposits regularly to track deposits.
- Provide customer statements periodically, as necessary.
- Process customer credit card payments as necessary.
- Support processing of PayPal receipts, recording, and reconciling to bank account.
- Work with the sales department and with customers to facilitate timely customer payments.
- Serve as backup for the Accounts Payable function as needed.
- Any other duties/tasks/analysis to support the organization as required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Experience with phone systems and protocols
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Some exposure to MRP systems preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines
- Associates Degree, or the equivalent relevant experience
- This is largely a desk role, however some filing is required, which requires the ability to lift files, and bend/stand as necessary